This weekend I went to Birmingham to visit Patrick, who had come into town for the Auburn vs West Virginia game.
We had a great time visiting with his brother and sister-in-law, Paul and Sarah. Our competitive juices flowed full force during a spirited game of Mexican Train! They are wonderful hosts, I hope we get to hang out with them again soon!
Monday morning we got up and ate breakfast... then we turned on the television... WOW!! Much of metro Atlanta was under water... and it was still raining!! We decided it would be best to leave a little earlier than expected to be sure we got to Atlanta in time.
I am thankful I didn't get called in to work, so after dropping Paul off at the airport, Patrick and I headed to the Original Chick-Fil-A Dwarf House. Did you know they sell burgers? Well, they do... crazy I know!!!
Waiting in the airport... sitting on the floor because the Atrium was packed!
Then, back to the airport where we waited for a few hours until it was time for Patrick to leave... his plane was delayed a bit... but that gave us a little more time to visit.
Today things are looking up in Atlanta... much of the metro area is still under water, but as I look outside right now, I see the sun which is a very very welcome sight! Please pray for the families of the people who lost their lives, and for the people who have lost their homes. It is going to be a long time until Atlantans are able to dry out completely!
No comments:
Post a Comment