I am thankful for the Bible.
I know, I know... this may sound like the Sunday School, I'm dating a seminary student answer... but when I was thinking about what I'm thankful for in general this is the first thing that came to my mind.
I know, I know... this may sound like the Sunday School, I'm dating a seminary student answer... but when I was thinking about what I'm thankful for in general this is the first thing that came to my mind.
There is no other book like it. It contains the Gospel which has completely transformed every facet of my life. It is constantly changing what I think about, how I think, and what I think is important. When I have a bad day there are passages in it that speak directly to my heart. If I am having a wonderful day, there are passages that help me express my joy. When I am at the end of my rope and I don't even know what to pray, I can pray the scriptures and they express exactly what my heart is saying.
It is truly a guide book for life and to Life. I know that God never changes... and it is awesome to see how faithful he has been through the ages. I am so blessed to be able to read and learn His word each and everyday! What an AWESOME God we serve that He would choose to reveal himself to us through this amazing book.
"The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

No comments:
Post a Comment