Thursday, September 17, 2009

SEC Championship 2002

This is going to be a short post, I am still tired out from our super close game last week... whew, that was close, a little too close for me!

We had a pretty magical season in 2002... lots of super close games that we seemed to pull out in the last seconds. We were all buzzing about UGA's first trip to the SEC Championship in quite a long time. We quickly found that in many ways it wasn't too different from a regular game... for us that is. Arkansas on the other hand had to travel halfway across the country... we just traveled an hour down the road. In some ways we had it much better, however, I think it loses some of the excitement when you are just heading down the street. Anyway, I digress...

We arrived early to practice at the GA Dome, then hung out for the afternoon at FanFare. Unfortunately, I don't remember too many specific moments from the game... I do remember the final score though... UGA 30 Arkansas 3!!

Deena and I at the GA Dome!

I wish I had a scanner because I have tons of great pics of all of us posing with packets of sugar. Why you ask? Because, not only did we win the SEC Championship... we were Sugar Bowl bound... New Orleans here we come!

Go Dawgs... Beat the Hogs!
Photobucket

No comments: