Crafting... yes I made it a verb... is one of my favorite things to do! I love to make creative things. I can wander around the aisles of Hobby Lobby for hours just "looking" and waiting for my creative juices to kick in.
This week my friend Lacey taught me how to make something new... and I LOVE them! Here is how you make tissue paper flowers... they are so easy and fun!
-Cut tissue paper into squares, mine are 4.5 inches... you need at least 5 squares... I usually use 10-12
-Stack the squares and fold in half, then in half again... making a small square
-Hold the folded square with the open sides pointed up. Now cut a design around those sides... kind of like you are making a snow flake... you can make all different "types" of flowers. Lots of petals for daisies, rounded for roses, and jagged for carnations.
-Unfold the squares and poke a pipe cleaner through the center... you can criss-cross the squares so they don't look quite so square
-Starting with the top piece of paper... individually fold each piece up and crinkle it a bit to make a flower!
-The finished flowers are colorful... and always one of a kind!

No comments:
Post a Comment