Friday, September 18, 2009

Foodie Friday Easy Chicken Pot Pie



This week I am participating in Kelly's Korner's "Show us Your Life" for the first time. The topic is "go to dinner recipes," perfect for my Foodie Fridays! This is my mom's recipe, she has made it for many many years. It is great for when you need to take a meal to people... and it's really really easy!!

Chicken Pot Pie




-1 Pkg frozen Deep Dish Pie crusts (2 per pkg)
-1 Can Cream of Soup... you can use mushroom or chicken
-1 Can mixed veggies
-1 large can Chicken Breast, in water

Drain the veggies and Chicken. Mix the veggies, soup, and chicken in one of the pie shells. Flip the other pie shell and place it on top of the mixture. (It works best if you put it on top then remove the metal pie plate... it is harder if you try to take the pie crust out beforehand). Cut and "X" on the top to vent the pie.

Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the top crust is golden brown.

Yummy! I took a picture after I had eaten a piece... ooops!


*If you are watching your weight... put the veggie, chicken, soup mixture in an empty pie pan... then just put the pie crust on top.*

Next week is desserts... I am so excited about this one! Stay tuned for a crowd pleasing sweet concoction a favorite among my family and friends!
Photobucket


2 comments:

Heather said...

yummy!! it looks so so good!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Looks great....Had a free night to blog hop. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment. http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com