I have been making regular trips to Raleigh ever since Patrick and I met back in December. I usually set out early on my "Saturday" morning and head back to Atlanta very very early "Monday" morning. It's been a while since I made the trek north, but I was happy to see that all my quirky but familiar landmarks were still there. More on those in later posts...
This time, I planned a picnic surprise for Patrick a few days before my trip. So prior to arriving at his apartment I had to make two quick pit-stops. The first place I stopped was Cafe Carolina. It is a bakery that Dana introduced me to a while ago, they have GREAT cupcakes! Patrick and I also ate there once and we still talk about how delicious they are... if you are ever in the RDU area I recommend you try them!
My second stop was at Kroger... I picked up the rest of our picnic foods including one of Patrick's favorite... steamed shrimp!! Apparently, while I was in the store Patrick tried to call me 3 times because I was later arriving than usual. When he didn't get me he decided to go looking for me... luckily I was coming down his street as he started to leave, so the search was called off.
Our picnic was a little rushed because we got to the park at 4:40pm... and it closed at 5:30pm... so here we are about to get kicked out of Falls Lake Park... it is so beautiful there!
Our picnic was a little rushed because we got to the park at 4:40pm... and it closed at 5:30pm... so here we are about to get kicked out of Falls Lake Park... it is so beautiful there!
More Raleigh adventures and photos in my next post...


No comments:
Post a Comment