Tuesday, August 18, 2009

An Atlanta Fun Day!

Brittany and I had such a wonderful girl's day exploring and shopping (well more looking) at different shops and stores around Atlanta.

We started our day with a Fiesta Breakfast Casserole, yummy recipe from my mom. It was my first time making this recipe, and I think it turned out GREAT! Stay tuned for the recipe on Foodie Friday.

Next we set out for an adventure to the Dekalb Farmers Market. We looked at all kinds of interesting foods from around the world. I even learned a little about some really exotic foods from my resident expert. We ate lunch at their in-house resaturant... it was fantastic and very affordable! We each got a plate and then shared... my favorite was the butternut squash lasagna Brittany's was the roasted mushrooms. We picked a dessert treat at the bakery and headed home with our goodies.

Our dessert treats... Red Velvet cupcake and cream cheese brownie.

Next we headed into the city to Ikea. We had such fun looking for furniture and other stuff Brittany might like in her new apartment. It brought back memories of all my trips there when I got my first place... new furniture is so much fun!

Looking at everything in Ikea... including where Brit just came from... SE Asia.

Our last store of the day was Target where we shopped for all kinds of stuff... I think Target is one of our favorite places!!

Overall it was a fantastic and much needed girl's day out!

*More pictures to come... we forgot to save them on my computer before B left*


No comments: