Sunday, August 23, 2009

Matchmaker Matchmaker...

Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match...

People often ask Patrick and me how we met... we grew up in different states, went to different colleges, and currently live 6 hours apart... so it is a very legitimate question. I believe that God brought us together with a little help from my good friend Dana.

Dana and I when she visited me in Orlando... we went to Disney World!

Dana is an amazing friend who I have known since our dorm days at UGA, she even drove with me when I moved to Orlando to work at WFTV. We have shared so much in our friendship, she is truly a wonderful woman of God. She is 6 feet tall though, so sharing clothes and shoes has never been an issue with us. However, we do share a love of bags and purses, the Georgia bulldogs, and of course Mexican Food! (Are you seeing a trend among my good friends?)

Brittany, Dana, and I in Honduras.

She always joked while in college that she was in the "matchmaking" business. She loves meeting new people and getting to know them. She is one of the most outgoing people I know, never meeting a stranger.

She had been telling me for almost a year about this guy in one of her classes, that was, in her words, "perfect for me." More on that story in future posts... suffice it to say, Dana saw something in both of us, I am so glad she kept on!

At the D-Group banquet.... 2004.

Not only did Dana introduce me to Patrick, now whenever I come to visit him she opens her apartment to me! She is such a sweet friend who always lets me crash at her place. It has truly become my home away from home!

No comments: