This post is a little delayed... she actually got home July 31st... but what can I say, I am still super excited! I have not seen her since a quick visit in May 2008, and as I prepare this week for her visit next week... I thought I should write a little about her...

Little B is one of the coolest girls I know... she is great cook, fantastic crafter, and overall just a fun gal to hang out with. We share a love for the Bulldogs, Mexican food, and a little known TV show called Related. We have so much fun when we are together! Plus it's not very often that I am the tall one.

Her time abroad was in many ways a contrast in old vs new. We could set a Skype date and video chat any time. She didn't look like she was in the next room every time... but it definitely felt like she was just down the street. On the other hand, when I sent her anything via "snail mail" it would take anywhere from 3-5 weeks to get to her. It usually took one week to get from America to SE Asia... then it spent the rest of the time moving within her country. Luckily none of my packages ever got lost is transition. This exercise served as a great reminder of how small the world has gotten... but also just how HUGE it really is!

1 comment:
Oh my goodness!!!!! I missed my Eliz! This is so sweet. I love you sooo much. I cannot wait to see you this weekend. I'll be there Saturday night some time, all day Sunday and all day Monday (totally your day off!). Yay! Love you.
Post a Comment