I have been out of town this week, sorry for not posting! However, while I was gone I made this week's Foodie Friday recipe.
Throughout our relationship I have made several different dinners for Patrick, this is by far his favorite. It is my Great Aunt Carolyn's recipe... I told you that family cookbook is my favorite! It is quick, easy, and very tasty!
Chicken Spaghetti
Ingredients:
1 package boneless skinless chicken breasts (3-4)
1 8oz package Angel Hair pasta (the normal box is 16oz, so just use half)
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1 can Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies (Rotel)
2 cups Mexican cheese blend (8oz pkg)
Cook chicken in boiling water to cover until tender, about 30 minutes. Remove chicken, reserving broth. Cool and chop chicken into bite size pieces; set aside. To reserved broth, add enough water to cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta; set aside. In a large bowl, combine soups and tomatoes. Stir in chicken and pasta, blending well. Place into a greased 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is bubbly!
This is certainly one of our new favorites! It is great for making ahead and freezing. It also works if you want to freeze it in individual portions.
Our yummy dinner at Patrick's apartment!
No comments:
Post a Comment