As I watched him go through security at the airport today, I was struck by how it never gets easier. Every time I think it has to get easier... and yet it never does.
Then in the Hartsfield Jackson Atrium, I was confronted with just how lucky we are. As I turned to leave I saw a soldier and his family saying goodbye. Wow... just when I thought it was rough putting Patrick on a plane. I cannot imagine.
So, I want to thank all the families, husbands and wives, moms and dads, sons and daughters of our soldiers. Your sacrifice is so much more than most of us can imagine. Your sacrifices do not go unnoticed. Your service to our country is exceptional!
Happy Memorial Day... and THANK YOU to our soldiers and their families... Thank you Damien and Jen... Rachel and Phillip... (a few of those I know who are serving our country).
No comments:
Post a Comment