Last weekend I made a quick trip to Raleigh... I flew out Sunday and flew back Monday... whew!! It was a wonderfully fast paced trip!
My flight arrived at RDU about 10am on Sunday. Patrick picked me up and we attended service at Open Door Baptist Church. That afternoon we decided that we would try our hand at winning tickets to the Broadway show Wicked.
Two and a half hours before the show the theatre holds a drawing for $25 Orchestra section seats. We had no idea how many people would show up, or how many tickets they would have available. When we arrived at 4:00pm, there were only about 10 people there, we thought we had a great shot! But, by they time they got around to the drawing there were about 40 people in the drawing. But guess what...
My name was actually the last name drawn. We were counting the winners and Patrick and I were both pretty sure we were going to walk away without tickets. They drew my name but there was another girl there who's name was "Elizabeth Newell"... she walked up to claim the tickets thinking they called her name. We felt really bad... she was so upset! However, there was nothing we could do because our tickets were the last ones!
Our tickets were in row "G"... very close to the front!! They were all the way over to the side... but well worth the price!
This is one of the main reasons I wanted to attend the show... Lindsay Wood... one of my friends from Brookwood High School is a part of the touring cast! It was so exciting to see her on stage... she is so talented! I can't wait to see her in more shows in the future!
We loved the show and highly recommend it for anyone! It was different than what I expected... but it is now one of my favorite musicals! I have been humming the songs all week!
*I was half asleep when we left for the lottery... I blame the 3 hours of sleep I got the night before... so I forgot my camera... sorry there are no pictures from the actual show.*
No comments:
Post a Comment