Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Magic Glasses...

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days... I have been quite busy!  I spent the last 2.5 days in Wake Forest visiting Patrick.  We try to savor our time together... because we don't really get that much of it... so I became a blog slacker for those few days... I hope you understand.




Now about the trip... I was excited that this time when I drove to North Carolina I would get to see a pretty leaf show.  I was looking forward to all the colors... and I thought it would be a perfect time to take some landscape pictures for this blog... what I didn't take into consideration was the fact that it is difficult... not to mention very dangerous... to try to take pictures while driving down the highway.  Even when I tried to just stick the camera toward the window and click... no good.  So I had to settle for taking pictures at the rest stop...





I took the picture above when I was stopped in traffic on I-85 just outside Charlotte... don't worry we were all stopped waiting on road construction.


As for the magic glasses... I never knew that my $10 on sale Kohls sunglasses were magic... yes, magic. I did not wear them when I was driving Monday or Tuesday because it was cloudy and rainy; however, today the SUN came out, so I broke out the shades.  When I was driving to meet Patrick the leaves had a new brightness and glow... I thought it was just because the sun was finally out.  But, when I took the glasses off, the color and contrast went away.  I know, you probably think I'm crazy... but it is something about the tint of the lenses in the glasses that makes the leaves pop.  I asked Patrick to look through them to make sure I was not losing my mind... he agreed, the colors really did look different.  So I guess my glasses are magic.. and these magic glasses made my drive home today much more vibrant!






Well, now I have to unpack ... then get some rest... lots of hours in the car today!
Photobucket

No comments: