Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Cars and Cooking...

I had a very busy day today!!  First thing this morning I took my car to be serviced, this is probably one of my least favorite things to do.  I feel like the guys in the shop can spot me from a mile away... like I have a big flashing light over my head that says "she knows nothing about cars."  Luckily for me, today was easy... all I needed was an oil change and tire rotation... also, there is a Dunkin Donuts on the way to the car place so I had a hot coffee to make it a little more manageable.

After the car service I made a quick stop at the grocery store where I picked up the supplies I would need for the rest of my busy day.


One of my favorite things to do is cook dinner... filling, wholesome, tasty dinners.  I have found this is a fun way for me to care for Patrick even though I live 6 hours away from him.  I cook dinners, then place them in individual containers and freeze them.  That way he has some healthy meals to eat... and I get to cook more often.  It is so much fun!  I love being able to serve him in this way... it is so much fun being able to cook for someone besides myself!

So today I made... chicken and wild rice casserole... chicken tortilla soup...




And a special birthday treat... using my grandmother's tried and true recipe...



If you are wondering... I did take pictures today... so all these recipes will eventually show up on Foodie Friday.

Do you have any suggestions on good freezable meals?  I love trying new recipes!

Photobucket

No comments: