I decided that I was going to try the "coupon game" this week. I always see these girls that save so much money with them... so I was intrigued. I have been saving the coupons from the paper, so today I took the plunge! I went to both Publix and CVS... but I did much better at Publix. This is by no means all the groceries we will need all week, but all of the things I bought we will use at some point in the next few weeks.
Here is what I got...
-2 packages Eight O'Clock Coffee -Normally $5.69 each, On Sale B1G1 Free, had a $2/2 coupon -Total $3.69 for both
-1 box Cheerios Crunch -Normally $3.99, On sale B1G1 Free, had a $.75 coupon -Total $1.25
-2 cans Chuncky Soup- Normally $2.39 each, On sale for $1.29, had a $.50 coupon (which doubled) -Total $1.58 for both
-1 bag Chex Mix- Normally $2.50, On sale 3 for $5, had a $.50 coupon -Total $1.17
-1 can Pillsbury Pizza Crust- Normally $2.50, On sale 3 for $5, had a $.50 coupon -Total $1.17 (the cashier charged me twice... I didn't notice until I got home)
-1 Coffeemate Creamer (the big one) -Normally $3.39, On sale 2 for $5, had $1.50 coupon -Total $1
-3 boxes Kleenex -Normally $1.97, On sale 4 for $5, had $.50 off 3 coupon Total- $3.25 for all three
-1 Marie Callender frozen dinner -Normally $3.49, On sale B1G1, had a $1 coupon -Total $.75
So for $37.51 worth of groceries... I paid, $13.87 for a savings of 63%... even with being charged twice for the crust.
Not too shabby for a first timer... hopefully I will improve as the weeks go on... do you have any secrets? I would love to hear them!
No comments:
Post a Comment