Friday, October 22, 2010

Foodie Friday: Apple Cake

As I mentioned, we made the trip to north Georgia last week.  On the way home we stopped by this little roadside stand to get some fresh apples.  It was so neat to see all the various types of apples.  We got 1/2 a peck... I searched through many different recipes until I finally landed on this apple cake.  It is very flavorful... and not too hard to make.

I got the recipe from The Cookie Shop Blog.

Apple Cake
Recipe From The Cookie Shop
-1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
-3 cups flour
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1 tsp. baking soda
-1 tsp. salt
-2 cups sugar
-3 large eggs
-3 to 4 apples, peeled, cut into small pieces
-1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a bundt pan with non stick cooking spray.  Set aside.

Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.  Put in a bowl and set aside.

Combine oil, eggs, and sugar with an electronic mixer until the mixture is lemon yellow.

Gradually mix the flour mixture into the sugar mixture.

Mix in apples, then vanilla until all is incorporated.

Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, bake for 75 to 90 minutes... You can dust with some powdered sugar if you want... I did, and it was wonderful!

This is a great fall recipe... it is not too dense... perfect for a light dessert.
Photobucket

No comments: