Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wedding Wednesday: School Shower

My first shower was hosted by one of my mom's dear friends Dr. F.A. McLeod.  She and my mom taught together when I was in school, though they work at different schools now they stay in touch and go walking most every Saturday morning.

We called this my "school" shower... all the people attending had a tie to the schools.  I was blessed to have former coworkers, past teachers, and some dear friends of our family attend the shower.  Several of the ladies are friends of my mom who blessed me so much by attending even though they really only know me through my mom.  We had a great time talking about old times... like when I was in elementary school!

The shower was a brunch... and the food was WONDERFUL!  We had quiche, fruit, salad...

And the some very tasty Petit Fours!  These melted in your mouth... they were fantastic!

Brittany and Miss Dawn even made it up for the shower!  This was such a special treat!  They drove all the way from South Georgia that morning!  It was such a blessing to get to see them for a few hours.  I am so honored that they drove all that way just to be at my shower.

The shower had an "Around the Clock" theme... so each invitee was designated a time... and their gift had to correspond to their hour of the day.  We got so many fun things...

It was interesting to see what people thought of for their time slot...

My mom's gift... of course it's monogrammed... with my new last name!!


This is Patrick's favorite... we can't wait to grill!!

I feel so fortunate to have so many wonderful "teachers" in my life... they have continued to teach me long after I left their classroom... I am truly blessed!

Photobucket

No comments: