This week Kelly's "Show us Your Life" is all about family traditions and holiday recipes. I decided it would be the perfect time to share my Mackie's Mini Pecan Pie Recipe.
Mackie is pretty much the best grandmother ever... don't even try to compete, you will lose... I promise. I have learned so much from her example over the years. She has taught me what it is to be a humble servant to all those around us. In the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving and Christmas she always asks us if there is anything special we want to eat, even though she has already made a spread fit for a king. I always request the little pies... they are perfect for a little sweet treat... and they are easy to sneak if you want a quick dessert. I am so excited I can now make these pies for the people I love! Thanks Mackie for everything... I love you so much!
Ingredients:
-8oz block of cream cheese
-2 2/3 cups flour-1 1/3 cups butter
-3 eggs
-2 cups brown sugar
-2/3 dark Karo syrup
-1/4 cup melted butter
-1 tbsp vanilla
-1/8 tsp. salt
-1 3/4 cups ground pecans
Cream butter and cream cheese throughly. Mix in flour a small amount at the time. (I tried to do this with a spoon... but it was very difficult. Mackie later suggested to mix it with your hands... don't be afraid to get them in there.) Chill for at least two hours. Roll into small balls and press into mini muffin tins.
Beat together eggs, brown sugar, Karo syrup, butter, vanilla, and salt until smooth. Stir in pecans.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set.
Happy baking everyone!!


4 comments:
Wow - Those looks delicious!!!
I found your blog on Kelly's Korner...My family makes these and they are the BEST!!!!
Happy Holiday's!
These look yummy! My Hubs loves Pecan Pie, I can't wait to give this recipe a try!
I love that you call your grandmother "Mackie" that is so sweet! There is nothing better than grandmas...Can't wait to try these little treats. They are the perfect size for us!
Post a Comment