Friday, June 22, 2012

Foodie Friday: Help

Help!  I have been in a funk lately trying to find new easy recipes that are healthy and great tasting.  With my recent nausea and fatigue, I am having difficulty cooking healthy dinners for Patrick and I.  I really want to up my vegetables so as to keep myself and the baby healthy...

So this is where you come in... What are your go to recipes?  Do you use the crockpot, or do you make the meals ahead?  I would love to hear from you on what you do to save time and feed your family healthy dinners.

In the mean time... I will leave you with one of our favorite dinners.  You can change this up and make all kinds of meals for a few days after you cook the bar-b-que meat.


Barbecue Pork

Ingredients:

-1 Boston Butt Pork roast
-2 jars of barbecue sauce (I usually get one cheap one... and one nicer one)
-Vinegar (enough to fill a barbecue sauce bottle)
-Crock Pot

Place the meat in the crock pot. Pour the cheap sauce over it, then fill that bottle with vinegar and pour it over the meat. Cook on low for about 8 hours (make sure it is covered).

After 8 hours the meat should easily pull apart with a fork (you may want to test this to make sure it is done). When the meat it done pour off all the sauce/vinegar. Then shred the pork with two forks.

Now you can either mix the other sauce with the meat.... or just put it out when you serve the barbecue and let each person determine how much sauce they want.




Photobucket

No comments: