We had a super busy Christmas break... but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Patrick and I got to see both of our families... so it was very very special! I decided rather than write about all our stops, that I would just share some pictures... the problem... I don't have pictures of all the events... so a few words will be necessary.
We left Atlanta early Monday to head west... we stopped in Birmingham and had lunch with Patrick's brother and sister-in-law, Paul and Sarah. (I was so excited to get out of the car... I left my camera in the trunk.) We ate at one of their favorite restaurants, from Auburn, Momma Goldberg's, who would have thought that nacho cheese Doritos with pepper-jack cheese could be so tasty!
Then it was off to the Shoals where we visited with both sets of Patrick's grandparents, and spend some wonderful time with his parents!
Slight side-note: I am so grateful we got to see Paul, Sarah, Sid, and Libby while we were in town! It is tough to get everyone's schedules to match up (between the 6 of us we live in 4 states... that doesn't include all of Paul's travels.) I hope we can all get together again soon!
Now back to the travels... after lunch we headed to Florala.
Christmas Eve we attended service at Mackie's church, then we went to my Dad's parents house to eat dinner and exchange gifts. When we got back to Mackie's that night we opened a few more...
Now Christmas morning... after a our traditional breakfast burritos... we got to see what Santa brought...
... man I looked rough that morning... Yikes!
Finally we packed up and headed to Troy to have Christmas lunch with my mom's family... we did take plenty of pictures that day... but they are all on my mom's camera.
Back in Atlanta Christmas night, Patrick surprised me with such a thoughtful present... every southern lady should have some...
(I guess I just looked rough all day :-)... I was so tired that night!)



3 comments:
Looks like fun. Yeah you lucked out with not having Paul and I around for lunch with Sid and Libby we probably would not of gone to eat BBQ.
For real looks like you guys had fun for Christmas. But the BBQ thing was a total joke I hate BBQ and poor Paul never gets to eat it because of me. Glad you guys had a good Christmas.
they also have a ladies' version of Patrick's gift :)
http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?&id=503394135&s=6&hash=9d7108c78a2744e9869e0b7dd75c751c#/photo.php?pid=3525239&id=503394135&fbid=147873414135
Post a Comment