-- Now, off my soapbox... not sure why that was on my mind today... but on to a much more light hearted Foodie Friday.--
This week I have made two meals for sweet families in our Sunday School class who recently had babies. Our class is always growing... I think we have had 3 babies in the last month and a half! I decided to make a pound cake to take for dessert. They are easy to make, they are easy to carry, and they are very yummy! The recipe I am sharing today is a Paula Deen pound cake that does not require too many ingredients. I actually chose to make it recently because I only had one stick of butter (most require two)... it only has 6 ingredients... not too many desserts are easier than this.
Paula Deen's Never-Fail Pound Cake
-1/2 Cup Butter (1 Stick)
-3 Cups Sugar
-5 Eggs
-3 Cups Cake Flour (although I used regular flour)
-1 Cup Milk
-2 Teaspoons extract (I used vanilla... but you could use lemon, rum, etc)
Cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
Add in the eggs one at a time, beating in between each egg.
Add the flour and milk alternately... make sure you begin and end with the flour.
Stir in the extract.
Grease a tube pan... I like to use a "Pam for Baking" or "Baker's Joy" type spray. I have never had a problem with a cake sticking when I use this spray. Pour the cake batter into the greased pan.
Place the cake into a COLD oven (I told you this recipe was awesome! You don't even have to preheat!) Turn the oven to 325 degrees, bake for 1 hour.
Then turn the oven up to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 30 minutes.-- Important Note: Do NOT open the oven when the cake is baking.--
Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
I don't have a picture of this pound cake... sorry! But here are two other pound cakes I love to make... they are linked to my recipe posts.
Hope you have a blessed Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment