Friday, November 5, 2010

Foodie Friday: Apple Dumplings

This is the final installment of my Pioneer Woman cooking series.  I made these wonderful tarts when my parents came over for dinner... I also made them for Patrick's birthday this week.  They are Fantastic!  I cannot recommend them highly enough.

As with before... this is just the recipe... plenty of beautiful pictures and step-by-step instructions on her website...

Pioneer Woman Apple Dumplings
-2 Granny Smith Apples
-2 sticks of butter
-2 cans Crescent rolls
-1 1/2 cups of sugar
-12 oz Mountain Dew (1 can)
-1 teaspoon Vanilla
-Cinnamon to taste

Peel the apples.  Core them and cut each apple into eight pieces.

Wrap each apple piece in a crescent roll... and place them in a greased 9x13 pan.

In a small sauce pan melt the butter.  After the butter is melted add the sugar.  Stir just enough to mix it... don't stir it until it melts etc.  Mix in the vanilla.

Pour the buttery mixture over the apples.

Now pour the Mountain Dew around the edges of the pan.

Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake the dumplings at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Heaven in a bowl!
Photobucket

No comments: