I did do a little cooking this week... though it was nothing extravagant. I made Chicken Spaghetti for Patrick... it his one of his favorites. I posted the recipe here a while ago... you should try it!
I also made barbecue chicken in the Crockpot ... which I used for this weeks Foodie Friday.
I am a big fan of the new Weight Watchers/Lean Cuisine pizzas. So I made an adaptation of those... that is much healthier... and it really doesn't take that much longer to make. This week, I made a bar-b-que chicken version.
Barbecue Chicken Pita Pizza
-Shredded barbecue chicken (I made mine in the Crockpot using my barbecue recipe... it worked just fine)
-Diced purple onion
-Barbecue Sauce
-Shredded mozzarella cheese
-Pita bread
Place the pita flat on a piece of foil.
Spread a thin layer of barbecue sauce on top of the pita.
Sprinkle chicken and onion on the pita, followed by cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This is such a healthy alternative to regular pizza... and it tastes really great too!! Plus, you get the portion control that you don't get when you order a pizza.
No comments:
Post a Comment