Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bless Others

We were taught from a young age that we should use the blessings God gave us to bless others.  So, each week when I am looking at my coupons and sales I keep a special eye out for items that I can buy and give to a local food pantry.  These may be items I have extra coupons for, or items that we don't like or won't use in our house (macaroni and cheese, boxed potatoes, etc.)

This week's sale at Publix is the perfect time to help stock the food pantry with good quality canned goods... for a very good price!!  Here is what I got today to donate to the Lawrenceville Co-op... a ministry that is special to our family.  All the coupons are found in the store, so it is super simple for anyone to do!!


10 Cans Green Giant Veggies: Normally $1.29 each; On sale B1G1 free, had $1/4 coupon - Total $5.45 for all 10 cans

6 Cans Hunts Tomato Sauce: Normally $.59 each; On sale $2/6 - Total $2

4 Cans Progresso Beans (2 Black Beans, 2 Cannellini Beans): Normally $.99 (Black Beans) $1.29 (Canellini Beans); On sale $2/3, had a $1/4 coupon - Total $1.67 for all 4 cans

1 Baguette: Normally $1.79; On sale for $1.49, had a $1.50/1 Publix Bakery Bread when you buy 6 cans of tomato sauce - Total FREE (a bonus for you!)

**All of these items qualified for the $5/20 coupon in the Viva Italia sale this week.  So, I got an extra $5 off the total price.**

So the Grand Total for the 20 items I will donate to the food pantry...
$4.12 (for $21 worth of food)
That is about $.21 per can!!!

I am so excited about these good buys!!  I would encourage everyone to try it this week... Like I said all the coupons are already in the store... they can be found on a tear pad on the Viva Italia display at the front.  Let me know if you try it... I would love to hear what you get!
Photobucket

No comments: