Monday, June 16, 2008

A good Saturday... I mean Monday

Today is the start of my weekend...Monday = Saturday... It's no fun when all your friends are hanging out on Saturdays, and you are at work... on the other hand, running errands is much much faster... it's just me and the soccer moms at the store. 

This random weekend thing is something that I have been forced to embrace.  It comes with the territory, I guess.  As my mom says... "You guys are like the hospital... someone is there 24/7."  I think it's more like Waffle House... we aren't serious enough to be doctors and nurses.  Someone is always there to answer our phone... 3am on Christmas, someone will be there.   

I have had weekends on Monday and Tuesday... then Sunday and Monday... and even for a while my weekend was actually the weekend, Saturday and Sunday.  When I had a normal weekend, I definitely got spoiled!

Through it all, I have learned how to make the most of the time I have off.  I try to savor the time I have with friends and family, because it's not as easy as just meeting up on the "weekend."

As for my Saturday, I say it was successful... I ran my errands... got to watch "Jon and Kate + 8" (more on that in a later post)... my Dawgs won... and I even got to eat some ice cream.  

No comments: