There are many reason why I feel so strongly about the games... the most important one... it brings our country together. For those two weeks, we are not Republican or Democrat, East Coast or West Coast, big city or small town. We are all simply Americans... united in the name of sport... in a spirit of patriotism. We watch each event with eager anticipation, and when we hear our anthem played, we swell with pride.
The Olympics are a special time for Americans. You see, we don't have a national sport like many European countries. There is no singular sporting event that draws Americans together as strongly and swiftly as the Games.
This weekend, I got my first taste of Beijing. I was glued to the television for the Olympic trials. And even though there were only Americans competing... I found myself brimming over with excitement of what will begin 8.8.08
No comments:
Post a Comment