Friday, September 23, 2011

Foodie Friday: Banana Cream

So, unfortunately I don't have any pictures this week... but I wanted to go ahead and share this wonderful recipe for a great frozen treat.  I found this on Pinterest... then on several other sites this week.  If you hate recipes with a ton of ingredients... then this recipe is for you.  It only has 1 ingredient... that's right... I said 1 ingredient!

Banana Cream:
Ingredient:
Banana(s)

Cut up a couple bananas and freeze them overnight.  I just put mine in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.

Place the frozen bananas in either a blender or a food processor... and blend away.  Be sure to scrape down the sides as needed.  It will take a minute to get it cut and blended... so don't worry if it doesn't happen right away.

And Voila... banana cream.  Somehow after the chopping and whipping the frozen banana pieces turn into the consistency of soft serve ice cream.  

You can eat it alone or add in some chocolate syrup or peanut butter.  

I am so excited I found this recipe it is perfect for a healthy sweet treat!
Photobucket

No comments: